Sunday, 18 April 2010

Lexi's Creations DT

Helloooo
Well, i'm back at school today, so i'm hoping this will have magically posted its self while i'm out. These are my dt cards for the Lexi's creations challenge, which this time is a recipe - 3 papers, 2 embelishments, and 1 image, and is sponsered by The Stamping Boutique.
The first card is using one of Lexi's gorgeous images... Aloria (from here), which is coloured with distress inks-tattered rose and walnut stain. The papers are from the paper cellar, prima flowers and computer generated sentiment. Everything is inked with walnut stain distress ink, and finished with lots of faux stitching and pearls.

I'm entering this in these challenges:
Your Next Stamp - Stitching
My Time To Craft - Pretty Pearls
Allsorts - In Stitches
Sweet Stamping - In stitches
Sir Stampalot - Fantasy
The next one was a last minute card using an image from The Stamping Boutique, which i coloured with promarkers. The papers are papermania, compter generated sentiment and flowers and gems from stash. Everything is inked with dusty concord distress ink.


I'm entering it in:
Charisma Cardz - Monochromatic cards


Raise The Bar - Movie Mania (Jump In... the cheesiest film ever :D)


Thanks for looking


Rachel xx

20 comments:

Lexi said...

I love the patchwork idea on the 1st one and the layout of both :D Beautiful cards hunni

Hugs Lexi xxx

Sheila said...

These two cards are both so differnt - love the patches on the top one and the image on the bottom one is so cute and fun! Sheila:)X

pinky said...

Beautiful card Rachel, love the muted colours and the way you have coloured the image. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stamapalot this month.
Pinky

craftimamma said...

Sorry I've not visited for a little while Rachel but I've been away two weekends on the trot and had visitors in between.

I see you've been very busy with some beautiful cards while I've been missing. Well done, they're gorgeous!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

brenda said...

Hi Rachel

Two great cards, love the patchwork effect one with the horse, the colours work so well.

So plesed to see you sell your cards for MS, so do I, I've had it for years.

Thank you for sharing this with us at Stampalot this month and good luck.

B x

Tracey said...

Hi Rachel, you've made 2 gorgeous DT cards there - well done!

Hugs
Tracey
xx

coops said...

2 fantastic cards rachel.love the patchwork effect of your papers on the first and super cute image on your 2nd.luv coops.xxx

Queen La Rubba said...

Love both of your cards but I am exceptionally partial to your unicorn! So cute and I love the colors and patch work efect! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Sweet Stampin" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly gorgeous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
If you haven’t already, I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away, I will send anywhere!!

Daniele said...

two gorgeous cards thank you for joining us at MTTC hugs

Tracy said...

Fab entry, Thanks for joining the first Sir Stampalot challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

Stunning cards, Rachel! I love your entry for sir stampalot. That's one gorgeous unicorn! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Faye said...

Both your cards are delicious. I think you are completely amazing. xx

Fleur said...

Hi Rachel, fantastic card, Love the quilt effect & the stitching is fab.
Thanks for taking part in my first ALLSORTS challenge.
Hugz Fleur xXx

coldwaters2 said...

What beautiful card I love them both but the Unicorn one is adorable I love the colours so soft and delicate this works perfectly for our challenge at Sir Stampalot thank you for joining us.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Janette said...

Your cards are so gorgeous.x

Darlene said...

Both cards are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar this week ... hope to see you again next challenge!

Anonymous said...

both cards are just stunning, but especially love the first one. wow all that stitching and the patchwork effect d/p is beautiful

thank you so much for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin, i hope that you will join us again soon
love emma xxx

~*Joni said...

Push it, push it to the limit, limit cause we're in it to win it, in it to win it - oh yeah! Haha!! One of the cheesiest but sweetest movies for motivation. ;) Love the purples, and that image is adorable! Wonderful job, thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

Francesca said...

Great card thank you for joining us at sir stampalot challenge
Hugs
Francesca

Lana Clarke said...

Wow your stitching is super!! Thank you for joining us at YNS
Lana x