Wednesday, 10 March 2010

distressed box

Hi Bloggers

I've been having another play with my fab distress inks and this is what i've come up with. I was given some papermania bare basics boxes, so i thought i'd see how the inks work on them because they are brown, but it seems ok i think. The inks used are - peeled paint, broken china and walnut stain, then stamped with prima swirl and flower stamps, embossed a few times with a mix of clear and sparkly embossing powder. Lots of green tara flowers, attacked with distress inks, clear embossing powder and green flock and X-cut punched butterflies covered with glitter glue.

I've taken piccies from different angles because it looks different every way you look.

Thanks for looking
Rachel xx

16 comments:

crafty creations said...

Rachel this is absolutely stunning - hope you are going to put it in the Lotstodo Challenge this week the theme is Distressed

xx Hilda

lin said...

Wow that is gorgeous Rachel thanks for sharing your lovely creations with us. Love all the shading on the box

Lizzy said...

OH my goodness ! Rachel this is absolutely stunning ~ how clever are you ? well done hun xx lizzy xx

Zoechaos said...

Sensational.

coops said...

wow, absolutely fantastic!!! luv coops.xx

Aunty Sue said...

omg this is amazing. Love everything colours style. love love love

Sally H said...

Wow! You just blow me away with your creativity, hun! This is awesome!

chris f said...

This is lovely - just what DI's are perfect for, I'm sure Tim Holtz would be impressed. Well done.

chris f said...

It's me again. I think this (and other stuff on here) is as good as or better than lots of the stuff in magazines - you should send the pics off to Craft stamper as they have a reader's submissions page, see if they are interested. Definitely worth a try?

Mandy said...

Hey sweetie, this is stunning, love everything you've done here
hugs Mandy xx

craftimamma said...

I agree with Chris, Rachel. I'd definitely send some pics of this to Craft Stamper. It's absolutely stunning!

In fact ............... are you absolutely sure you're only 14 and not 24? Only kidding sweetie, but a lot of us oldies wish we had half your talent!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Chris F sent me over to your blog and I'm so glad she did, your work is STuNNiNG! I love, love, love what you did with this box. Your use of colour is fantastic :)

dee marie said...

Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog the other day and I am lovin' your style! I used a tutorial that you posted awhile back to create a shabby flower for a sketch challenge. I would love for you to stop by my blog and check it out :) Thanks for the inspiration! dee marie Oh, and this box is just fab!

lisa said...

What a stunning box, Rachel. I love the combination of distress inks and your flower is gorgeous.

Lisax

Andrea C said...

wow you have done wonders with this box, love the distress inks and what you have created x

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel! firstly I would like to say WOW this is brilliant and second! I am blown away your only 14!! Fantastic talent you have to someone so young! I hope you don't mind I am going to do a little post on my blog to tell people about your fantastic work and lovely blog!! very well done hunny,
Samantha :0)