Monday, 17 May 2010

Something Completely Different

Hi Bloggers!
I'm back again :D I should really be revising for an exam i've got tomorrow...but instead i'm sat on the sofa watching a film, typing this, with my gorgeous cat and a cuppa!!! But hey!...I'm happy :D

I felt like making something different from my norm today, and this is what i came up with. Even though it's so simple, there's tonnes of things i've never done before/havn't done in a while. I've never done a top-fold rectangle card, and havn't done a rectangle in ages and i've tried embossing the edges with the scoring tool on my cutter, which i think looks fab! (if i do say so myself lol) The sentiment is made in word and printed, but i think it should be a bit bigger really? I've used papermania scalloped cardstock, ribbon coloured with 'sandstone' promarker, and anitas gems, and everything is slightly edged with walnut stain distress ink.
I'm entering it in Tuesday Taggers, which is to 'step outside your comfort zone'

Thanks for looking
Rachel xx

15 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Rachel, it's so simple but stunning. Simple she says! How on earth did you get the different fonts in the right places? I love it.

Good luck with your exams

love Sarah and Chelsea x

Sally H said...

That is wonderful! I love it! Such elegance and class. Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Sheila said...

Rachel, This is stunning - way off what I usually see from you. Still, its gorgeously elegant! Sheila:)X

Sarah A said...

Hi Rachel

What no Tilda or Easel card?? Am I in the right place?? Only kidding!

Oh this is so simple and pure it is stunning! Your ribbon is placed perfectly!

Sarah x

Noreen said...

Fab, elegant card. Love the sentiment. How did you do that in Word?
Good luck with your exams. Noreen xx

Aunty Sue said...

oh you stepped outside and wow you must feel comfortable now with this very classie card love it

Anonymous said...

What an elegant card, simply stunning! And I think the size of the sentiment is perfect.
Hugs
Marisa

coops said...

wow this is so stunning rachel.love the shape and the soft hint of colour.really classy.luv coops.xx

Georgia said...

This is gorgeous Rachel! I love the simplicity of it and the scalloped edge looks great! Good luck with your exam! :)
Georgia xx

craftimamma said...

This is stunningly elegant Rachel. I absolutely love it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Val said...

I love this card - so elegant - defintely proves that sometimes (but not always!!!) that less is more.
Hugs
Valxx

Judith said...

Just found your blog, really usefull tutorial,thank you.Love the card, simple but elegant.

Tracey said...

This is stunning Rachel, so elegant :)

Hope you're having a great week.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Eileen said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card Rachel. eileen xx

Wendy M said...

Lovely sentiment Rachel xx