Monday, 15 February 2010

First go at an album

Hiya

(This is a long post as there's tonnes of pictures)

I've got something quite different to show you today. People who know me, will know how much i love to try out different things. So today i'm showing you my first mini album. I loved making this... it was sooo much fun! I wasn't sure what to put inside, so I just put the first things that came into my head. To say i started it at 2 in the morning when i couldn't sleep, i'm quite happy with how it turned out. Some pages were quite hard to take photos off as I used lots of shimmery embossing powder, so sorry about the dodgy piccies.

The album is cut from a cardboard box, and fastened together with book rings. I did have 3 but managed to loose one... woops! Some pages have patterned papers from my paper cellar wedding pack, and then all are attacked with walnut stain distress inks and splatted with water.

On the front cover i stamped 'My Book' (well that's what it is!) using See d's letter stamps, and then stamped and embossed my gorgeous prima swirl stamp around the edge. Then i went a bit crazy with my x-cut flower punch. lol. Each flower is glittered and with a gem.


On these pages is see d's stamped titles, prima swirl stamp as a tree, and embossed ground.

This page is stamped around the edge with the swirl stamp and then left blank for my family to sign.

Embossed edges, stamped title, green tara flowers, sticker and envelope from stash, with a message from mum... awwwwww! :)


Another page left blank for my friends to sign, and corner stamped with swirl stamp.

Friends page - velum pocket with tag and quote, woodware punched flowers, green tara flowers, everything else from stash.



Swirl stamped border, stamped heading, die cut hearts sent by a docrafter. The opposite page is blank as i havn't decided what to use it for yet.


The back cover is made to look as if it's been accidently sat in water :)


I'm entering it in these challeges:

Tuesday Taggers - Love is all around (love page)

Crafty Creations - Friends (friends pages)

Quixotic Paperie - Tag it (friends page)

Simon Says Stamp - Love (love page)


Thanks for looking

Rachel xx

15 comments:

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our Crafty Creations Challenge - "Friends" What a wonderful creative project - absolutely fabulous!Cheers Claire

Unknown said...

Claire this utterly SUPERB, what a way to while away the sleepless hours, will have to remember this...thank you so much for sharing with us at Tuesday Taggers, this week. Hugs Avril xxxx

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh wow rachel really really brilliant.you are so clever
debbie xx

Sarah said...

WOW, another fantastic creation Rachel, you are a girl of many talents! Love Sarah x

Magda said...

Woow, fantastic project! I love all the details.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Magda x

coops said...

wow rachel, this is absolutely stunning.,love all the swirls.luv coops.xx

Wendy M said...

Very creative... another fab talent you have here Rachel xx

PatR said...

Wow Rachel this really is fabulous you really have excelled with this fantastic creation. Well done, I love it. Thanks for joining TT this week.
Pat xx

Chris (catt871) said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!! You did a SPECTACULAR job on every single page, I love it!!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
Chris & the DT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! So unique! thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
smiles,Deena

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is fantastic! So many elements to this! Love the shape of the album! So much detail! Love the pretty embossing! Thanks for joining us this week at Quixotic Challenges! Hugs, Rowena

MarkerGeek said...

This is gorgeous!! Absolutely love it.

Thank you for playing along with us at Quixotic Challenges!

Sally H said...

Rachel, this is stunningly beautiful! You are so talented! I love it.

blackdragon said...

This is amazing... womderful shape... love the gothic arch... thank you so much for joining us at tuesday taggers.... you are a very talented young woman.
lynx

Lavender Rose said...

Amazing, so much work has gone into this book and it shows!