Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Tilda picking cherries

Hello everyone :)

Just a quick post tonight as i need to get some revision done before my geography exam tomorrow!

Todays card is using one of my new stamps, which i *think* is called Tilda Picking Cherries. I used Tim Holtz papers, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, and ribbon from The Ribbon Girl.

Everything is edged with Vintage Photo distress ink, and stitched with my sewing machine - not by hand! That's right!... all that time i was doing my sewing by hand, and we actually have a sewing machine! lol

I've coloured Tilda slightly different this time. I'm not quite sure whether i like her darker skin or not, but i'm experimenting! :)

Colours:
Skin - Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Tattered Rose
Hair - Vintage Photo, Black Soot
Dress - Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain
Socks - Weathered Wood
Shoes - Vintage Photo, Black Soot
Shadow - Weathered Wood, Black Soot

I'm entering this in Stamp Something - anything goes and 7 Kids - challenge yourself (colouring)

Thanks for looking

Rachel xx

15 comments:

Berry said...

Love this Rachel, I think her skin is perfect for such a stunning vintage look, this is just superb! Good luck with your exam tomorrow, hugs Rebekah xx

Sally H said...

Your colouring is amazing! Good luck in tomorrow's exam

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous Rachel and beautifully coloured too, Good Luck for your exam tomorrow!!
hugs and xxx

themessycraftroom said...

This is a beautiful card and the colouring is stunning as a lovely vintage feel. Love it. Hugs x ChrisB

coops said...

oh fantastic card rachel.the tilda is so pretty and i love your superb colouring and gorgeous details :D

xx coops xx

Creativek(shraddha) said...

This is a really beautiful card..the colors are wonderful!

Andrea C said...

WOW I wish I had even a drop of your talent and you're still so young. x

Lisa said...

Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us for the Stamp Something and 7 Kids College Fund Challenges this week!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, this is drop dead GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful coloring!! (Can't stop looking at her). Thanks so much for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenges.

Hugs,
Wendy

Georgia said...

This is stunning Rachel, your colouring is fabulous! :) Love, Georgia xx

Paula said...

Hiya Rachel,

Lovely card as usual. If you go to my blog http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/
I have given you a blog award!
If you accept you have to choose between 3-5 people to award it to yourself!

Paula.x

Angela Marie said...

Wow I am really impressed with your work! TFS your talent with us.

Samantha said...

Hi Rachel, I *think* I came across your blog on the AYME craft thread, but I had so many tabs open that I've forgot! Anyway, I'm from AYME, I don't think we've spoke before (Sorry if I'm wrong!) but I love your blog :) The colouring on your cards is amazing! I've never heard of anyone colouring with distress ink before! The actual cards are amazing too :)

I'm Sam (Sammy101 on the boards but not often on since my health got so low), and I'm now your new follower!

xx

Juls said...

so soft and pretty! I just Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

so soft and pretty! I just Love it!!! Hugs Juls