Here's a little card that's taken me aaages to make, but still i'm not too sure whether i like it! For some strange reason, i'm having trouble actually putting the cards together at the moment. I've got a pile of images all coloured and paired up with pretty papers and flowers etc, but I just can't make them into a card that i like! Wierd isn't it!?
Anyways... i'll shut up now :P
I've used the adorable 'Daisy' from Sugar Nellie, coloured with distress inks. 7 gypsies papers, Wild Orchid and Prima flowers, a Tim Holtz die, X-cut border punch and some other buts and bobs. Everything is inked with Vintage Photo distress ink, hand stitched, and glittered with 'Star Dust' stickles.
The little tag is left blank so that i can add an age/name/sentiment later :)
I'm not too pleased with my colouring on this card, but i'll be nice and tell you the colours anyway :)
Hair - Vintage Photo, Black Soot
Skin - Tattered Rose, Antique Linen
T-shirt - Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain
Trousers - Weathered Wood, Black Soot
Grass - Peeled Paint
Flowers - Wild Honey, Victorian Velvet
Belt - Dusty Concord
Bunny Zoes's Crafts - spring... flowers everywhere
Crazy 4 Challenges - use dies
Creative Inspirations - distress
Crazy 4 Challenges - use dies
Creative Inspirations - distress
Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs, Rachel xx
22 comments:
Hi Rachel
I wish my colouring was that bad!!! This is a gorgeous card and I love it all. When I can't think of how to put a card together I try to find a sketch to help.
Hugs Ali x
Hi Rachel,
Everyone has a moment when they lose their Mojo, though you wouldn't think it from this beautiful card! You make the colouring with DI's look so easy and your cards are always so well put together - I find that we can be our own worst critics!
Happy crafting! Lisa x
It's a lovely card Rachel, I love this stamp. The colours are really soft and gentle, and the card has a lovely worn feel to it. I have lots of bits piled together ready to assemble to, but not finished, so you're not the only one! We all have times when we feel less sure of what we are doing, but it passes, this is fab, so just keep up the good work, Judith xx
It's beautiful Rachel! I lvoe that Daisy stamp. Mojo comes and goes for all of us. I tend to find I have more mojo when I have less time! Hope you find it soon, hun x
Its beautiful Rachel, your colouring is perfect and the card has been put together perfectly too. Have faith in yourself!
Hugs, Barbara x
wow, wish I could colour like that with any medium!! a beautiful card
Tilly
It is truly beautiful Rachel. You will get your mojo back soon! :)
Hi Rachel, gorgeous card. Love the pretty image and your incredible colouring. Lots of lovely details too. Think your mojo is playing hide and seek with you as it's definately not too far away judging by this yummy creation. :o)
Donna x
Gorgeous, adorable card.
luv
Debby
Absolutely FABULOUS card, and I think you need your eyes testing - the colouring is perfect!!!
Hugs
Judi x
fantastic card rachel.i love the image and your soft delicate colours are beautiful.i love your gorgeous details :D
xx coops xx
I love this image, I love the beautiful soft colours you have used! Hugs Juls
This is absolutely gorgeous, thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog
Hugs
Debbie
WOW!!!! Fabulous card Rachel, what a beauty, hope you are well.
Hugs Teresa xx
Gorgeous card!
I have something for you on my blog if you want it...
Love, Alex
Fab card Rachel - the papers are gorgeous and I love the flowers and embellishments! :) Love, Georgia xx
Hello Rachel,
You have an amazing Blog with beautiful creations. I am your follower from now on;-).
Hugs,
Ellen
Stunning Rachel, your blog is full of beautiful things! Kim
Hi Rachel, I wouldn't worry, every card you do is gorgeous and your colouring is superb every time - you're more of a critic of your own work than you need to be! Hugs. Katy. x
Sweet Rachel!
You make artful, gorgous cards, you're an inpiration to many of us and your blog is such a pleasure for me, an from what a read in the other comments - so many others as well. Know this in your heart on days when you're in doubt. You are your worst critic, and so much harsher on yourself than you should be. This card turned out AWESOME! Thank's for sharing with us! Hugs from Celia in Norway
I dont know why you dont like it, as its beautiful. I am having one of those days, images coloured, papers and embellishments scattered everywhere but my cards are not coming together as i would like today.
Never doubt your crafting abilities as you are one truly amazing crafter, who had inspired me to go and finish the cards that i have started. Thank you
Julie
Sorry for so many comments but every new item i see is simply stunning
I must also apologise for all the comments I'm leaving, as each and every creation is just taking my breath away. Your style and colouring technique is so stunning honey. Just LOVE your work. hugs Sharon
Post a Comment