Hey bloggers!
I'm sorry about the long wait for a post. I've been uber busy with school work and exams this past week so it's been reeeaally nice to have a little play at my messy desk this weekend :) Here's what i've come up with....
At first, my plans were to make a card with a little box inside, but i changed my mind at the last minute and put a pocket in instead.
The front is following the sketch from Simon Says Stamp, and i used Prima papers, a Tilda coloured with distress inks, some pearls and ribbon and lace from the ribbon girl (my prize from Just magnolia last week!) It is hand stitched, inked with Vintage Photo distress ink and distressed with scissors.
It is quite similar the my last card but i really {love} these papers and the image!
Distress inks used:
Skin - Antique Linen & Tattered Rose
Hair - Vintage Photo & Black Soot
Top, present, socks and bow - Weathered Wood & Black Soot
Trousers - Vintage Photo & Black Soot
The heart is cut from chipboard and then covered in the Prima paper, inked and crackle painted.
Here is some natural twine which i bought the other day, tied into a bow, with a butterfly charm :)
Just Magnolia - favourite things
Really Reasonable Ribbon - heart
Stamp Something - anything goes
Thanks for looking
Rachel xx
13 comments:
Hi Rachel, nice to see you again, your card is totally stunning, lovein' the inside as much as the out, its gorgeous. Teresa xx
Simply adorable Rachel. Such a gorgeous project :o)
Hugs Vicky xx
OMG! what's a pretty look this card!!!
I absolutely love your colorations!!!
take care xx
hugs, Albert
That is so beautiful! It must take you so long!
This is gorgeous girlie! This is a beautiful gift in itself! And thanks for the coloring tips, your coloring is beautiful, I think I must try the hot press paper, mine is cold. Have a great week. :)
What a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.
wow!! fantastic card rachel.stunning tilda and i love your beautiful papers and fab embellies :D
xx coops xx
Beautiful card, once again, Rachel! I am sooo envious of your DI colouring - stunning!
Hi Rachel love your card - Again!! Thanks for the tips on DI painting. I've done what you said and practised, practised, practised and it's working!!! I am happy with the results I am getting. Question - How do you Blog 9 photos in one post????? Mr Blogger won't let me do more than 4. Any suggestions wil be gratefully received. Hugs and stay well.
Oh this is so gorgeous, sweet tilda and fab colour combo.
Thank you for joining in with Simon Says Stamps Challenge this week.
luv
Debby
Hi.
I am so happy that you found a use for your gift.
Stunning work as well and gorgeous coloring.
Love you pocketcard ang congrats to your gift at Just Magnolia.
Btw the seams is great.
/Maria
Wow Rachel, such a fab card - the stamping and distressing looks gorgeous and Tilda is so sweet! :) Love, Georgia xx
just beautiful! I love the soft sepia colours and that ribbon is so lush!!! It adds a fantastic touch of luxuary! Hugs Juls
Post a Comment