Sunday, 13 March 2011

Vintage style - Trinket box

Hi again!

I've been working on this little project for the past couple of days, and i have to say... i'm really pleased with how it's turned out :) It's a long time since i've said that about something i've made!

It's a very different style to my usual, but i wanted to try something a bit different, so here it is...

I made the box from cardboard and gum tape, so that hopefully(!) it will last a bit longer than if it was just cardstock stuck with glue.

The gorgeous image is a freebie from Magic Moonlight, which i printed onto linen effect cardstock, sanded, and inked with Antique Linen distress ink. Then i stuck a piece of acetate over the image, and covered it with a thick layer of 3D gloss to make a dome effect. (the acetate was to stop the printer ink smudging)

I went a bit OTT with the pearls, but anyways... it's pretty :PThe paper is by 7gypsies, but you can barely see it in the end because of the lace!And all of the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and are glittered with 'Star Dust' stickles.
Then i just added some string and a heart charm... et voila!
I'm entering this in:

Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
ABC challenge - P is for pearls

Thanks for looking

Rachel xx

15 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Rachel,this is a stunning creation. Very beautiful image and I love the vintage feel. Gorgeous lace, pearls and flowers.

Donna x

Unknown said...

A beautiful piece Rachel x Love the pearls xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is lovely - such a sweet vintage piece and something that can be useful too! Love the lace around the edge and the pearls too! Super job on the metal challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

AN said...

Vau--todella ihana pieni rasia! Kaunis vintage-tyttönen ja helmiä aseteltu kauniisti kannen reunoja kiertämään--tykkään--
Kiitos osallistumisestasi ABC-haasteeseen ja onnea arvontaan-
Ihanaa päivän jatkoa sinulle -

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Rachel.
luv
Debby

Magic Moonlight said...

Lovely piece, is Beautiful, Thanks for visiting my blog and use the images, blessings, Blanca.

Ellen said...

Hello Rachel,

One word..... Gorgeous!!! I like this beautiful Vintage Box!!!!!

Hugs,
Ellen

coops said...

wow!! this is outstanding rachel.i love the beautiful image and fab lace and pearls.you are very talented :D

xx coops xx

Georgia said...

This is so pretty Rachel, I love all the details around the edge and the lace is gorgeous! :) Love, Georgia xx

Tink said...

this is another stunning creation rachel your blog is amazing ....mind you we miss you on docrafts xxx

themessycraftroom said...

Wow Rachel I adore this piece. A gorgeous vintage box. The pearls and the lace work so well with the beautiful image. Hugs x ChrisB

Ella's Design said...

Love the vintage style of this little trinket box - they seem very en vogue at the moment, so must have a go!
Another beautiful creation, Rach!
Lisa X

Sarah said...

I love this Rachel, hope you are well. Hugs Sarah x

Sally H said...

Wow, Rachel! This is awesome!

XxJULESxX said...

wow stuuning!!!!!