Hiya :)
Here's a card i've made for the Magnolia Down Under challenge, which is to make your own patchwork background. I wanted to do something a bit different for the challenge, so instead of using sqaures of patterned paper, i did it like this...
I used K&Co papers, Tilda with curls coloured with distress inks, blue ribbon, and pearls. The edges are all inked with Walnut Stain distress ink, and tilda is glittered with stickles. All of the stitching is done by hand as per usual. 
Tilda is coloured with distress inks:
Hair - Wild Honey & Walnut Stain
Skin - Tattered Rose, Antique Linen & Walnut Stain
Dress - Broken China & Walnut Stain
Socks - Victorian Velvet & Walnut Stain
Shoes - Walnut Stain
Flowers - Victorian Velvet & Peeled Paint
I'm also entering this in:
Magnolia-Licious - pink, blue & green
Thanks for looking
Rachel xx
15 comments:
This is stunning Rachel, wish I could color like you, and the patchwork is fab with your stitching
Tilly x
very very very pretty x
This is gorgeous Rachel. I love the colours and pretty stitched detail!
Clairexx
just so gorgeous!!! Love the colours and the patchwork detail is just utterly gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls
wow rachel how clever and youve hand stitched yourself WOW
!! Thanks for playing with us at
MDUC this week
love debbie xx
Hi Rachel, stunning card. The patchworked paper and handstitching are fantastic. Gorgeous Tilda and perfect colouring. Thanx for following my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Hope you have a fab weekend.
Donna x
fantastic card rachel, gorgeous tilda.your colouring is amazing and i love how you have done the patchwork paper :D
xx coops xx
I am most impressed with your glorious card!
Tilda looks like she is on a beautiful quilt!
Love your beautiful hand made stitches and your painting is absolutely perfection!!!
The pearls are the perfect finishing touch :o)
Thanks so very much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
Hugs, Candy
Wow this is soo Pretty!! Love the patchwork background, and your colouring is gorgeous.
Kristy xo
OMGOSH I really love your background its divine!! Thanks so much for joining in our patchwork challenge at MDUC this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxxx
YIKES!!! I love it!!! This is seriously gorgeous!! I love the way you created your own quilt pattern...I have to get out my sewing machine...and figure out how to work it!! hehehe!! Your coloring is beautiful...and, of course, Tilda is delightful...and you've done a fab job showcasing little Miss Tilda!! Thanks so much for joining us in this fortnight's challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!! Pat Frank
Hi Rachel wow gorgeous card!!!! so clever you are!
I love the softness of your card and your coloring. Your card is very pretty. Love the corner pearls. Thanks for joining in the Magnolia-licious Color Challenge. Linda C
This is so, so pretty Rachel - your papers are gorgeous and Tilda is coloured perfectly, love it! :) Love, Georgia xx
This is stunning Rachel! I love the quilted look with the stitching and pretty papers! Your coloring is beautiful also! Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Magnolia-licious Challenge blog. hugs, Angela
Post a Comment