Sunday, 31 January 2010

Card for my bedroom :)

Hi everyone
I hope you're having a nice weekend. We've just had a lazy day today which was nice. I was up at 6.30 this morning for some reason, so had a couple of hours on my own colouring images and making roses until my lazy family got up at 11.00! Then I havn't really done much else... watched a film, done some boring english coursework :(... and now blogging this card i made yesterday. I was having a look through Mandy's blog yesterday morning, when i found Hanna's fabby blog. Her cards are amazing! And she's only 13. I've used one of her fab layouts and a couple of her techniques on this card so i hope you like it.
I started making this as a card, but decided i wouldn't like to give it away, because i'm a meany :), so I personalised it to go on my bedroom wall. Now my sister wants one for near her bed so i'll have to get on with that.
I'm entering it in these challenges:
Saturday Spolight - Bigger is better
Cute Card Thursday - Blooming Gorgeous
Creative Card Crew - Punch it!
Made using:
My fave papers from 'The Paper Cellar' 'Wedding Collection'
Miss Anya coloured (badly) with promarkers
Sizzix decorative stip alphabet die - Neon Mini
X-cut punched flowers and roses
DIY big roses and pink flower
Everything else from stash

Thanks for looking
Rachel xx

7 comments:

Glitter Monkey said...

Goodness this is absolutely stunning! What a great idea to make it into a wall hanger - no wonder your sister wants one too. The flowers are really amazing - a very accomplished piece of work. Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

julescard said...

ooh!! just gorgeous!!!!!

coops said...

wow rachel, this is absolutely amazing.such gorgeous colours and your roses are fantastic.luv coops.xx

Suzanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Rachel. The flowers are amazing. I've been over to Hannah's blog too - lovely. Off to check out your tutorial now
Hugs
Suzanne x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Now this is just gorgeous!! I love that big flower, your colors and image!! Fabulous job!! Thanks for joining with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE that flower!!! What a gorgeous creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning! Love your big flower, your layout, the colors and coloring! You have quite the talent for making flowers! Incredible! Thanks for joining us at the Sat. Spotlight this week!